Hello! So I got bored of my tropical nails and decided it was time to do something festive and sparkly for the holidays!
- Products used: Nails Inc. Kensington Caviar Base Coat, Sephora by OPI “New Year’s Red-Solution” (limited edition, no longer sold at Sephora’s website), Ulta Nail Lacquer in “Piñata Yada-Yada, and Seche Vite Top Coat.
- Apply base coat. Let dry.
- Apply 2 coats of base color. Let dry completely.
- Apply glitter polish in a dabbing motion, about halfway into your nails from the tips. Let dry.
- Apply another coat of glitter polish in same dabbing motion to layer glitter.
- Apply as much glitter as needed for desired affect, (I did 2-3 coats of glitter per nail) but make sure the prior coats of glitter polish are dry so that you don’t end up lifting up the glitter you’ve already applied. It will end up being thick and clumpy, which you want to avoid.
- Let your glitter nail polish dry and apply your top coat to set everything nicely.
*PS: This also looks great with a Matte top coat!
HAPPY HOLIDAYS! xoxo